Why Remote + Async?
- It is more respectful.
- It is more intentional.
- It is more inclusive.
The productivity boost is nice, too.
But isn't Remote good?
It's great, but not enough, especially if you're spending a lot of time in meetings and instant messaging.
It's also worth noting it doesn't work for everyone.
We're social creatures and some people need more physical social interactions than others.
That doesn't mean it has to be with your coworkers, and please stop calling that work.
I've helped many companies and people work more effectively and productively by adopting Remote and Async work methodologies. I can teach you too.
Why not a series of articles? That would be async.
Honestly, there are many throughout the internet already, which are basically content marketing, but still touch on the important points.
For those who don't immediately believe remote and async are better, I've found they need to be presented with a bespoke way, within their work context, on how to replace some synchronous activity with an asynchronous one, in order to start beliving in it.
As an example, many companies are used to do weekly sprint/cycle planning once per week, on a meeting/video call.
That can easily be replaced with a single document, following a given template, where everyone can contribute, or simply confirm/accept it, depending on the context.
Giving you this information, however, without understanding more about your work, your team, and your company/product, it's hard to make you feel the benefits. That's why I do this, this way.
But... how will I learn?
The process is simple and, you guessed it, async!
- Tell me what you're looking for, why you're looking for it, and how have you failed to implement it before.
- I won't reply until you've paid for the consultation. Payment is for $299 one-time, valid for 3 months (unlimited replies).
- I will send no marketing bullshit.
- I won't save your email address anywhere.
- I won't email you. I will only reply to your emails.
- Nothing is automated.
- I will provide links to content I haven't written, for you to dig deeper, if you want, and everything else will be written by me.
- If you don't like my first reply, tell me and I'll fully refund you.